EPUT are pleased to have in place dedicated Employee Experience and Workforce, Training and Development teams who offer support/advice and signpost staff to useful/beneficial services available internally and externally to support their professional development and wellbeing at work.
EPUT has a Workforce and Wellbeing Strategy in place, which includes:-
- Salary Sacrifice schemes including Childcare Vouchers, lease cars and Cycle to Work
- Season Ticket Loans
- Organise specialist engagement events
- Pre-retirement Courses
- Annual Staff Survey
- Participation in the Working Longer Review supporting staff to work longer
- NHS discounts for staff
- Weekly health & wellbeing articles
- Equality and Diversity Sub-Groups where staff can raise issues relating to equality at work
- Equality Champions who are there to support other staff requiring support at work
- Occupational Health and Counselling providers which includes 24 hour counselling support line for staff and access to a wide range of support and advice about a range of issues including finance and debt, consumer rights, housing, welfare and family rights and domestic violence
- One of the UK’s best pension schemes which every new employee automatically becomes a member of assigned to an excellent package of pension benefits.
- Active members of a range of national bodies which support health and wellbeing of the workforce (Age UK, Stonewall, Disability Two ticks, Mindful Employer)
- An active Staff Side Body to represent staff issues and a range of recognised staff/professional unions.
- Successful achievement of the National IIP Health and Wellbeing Award
- Health and Wellbeing information provided to ALL new starters and follow up contact made 3 months after joining the trust to offer further support if needed.
- Regular health and wellbeing events for staff to promote health and wellbeing – including football challenges, healthy baking competitions, pedometer challenges and New Year weight loss programmes
- Open staff forums for staff to raise concerns/complain about issues etc through the staff Family and Friends test and the IM WORRIED ABOUT where staff can anonymously address the Senior Management Team on any issue and receive a response.
- Excellent Training facilities and opportunities, working closely with a number of Universities to support staffs professional development
- Feature in the top 100 employers index for HSJ
- Harmonised holiday entitlements of 27 days per year, plus eight general and public holidays, rising to 33 days after 10 years’ service.