EPUT are pleased to have in place dedicated Employee Experience and Workforce, Training and Development teams who offer support and advice, and signpost colleagues to beneficial services available internally and externally to support their professional development and wellbeing at work.
Our Workforce and Wellbeing Strategy in includes:
- Salary Sacrifice schemes including childcare vouchers, lease cars and Cycle to Work
- Season ticket loans
- Specialist engagement events
- Pre-retirement courses
- Annual NHS Staff Survey
- Participation in the Working Longer Review supporting staff to work longer
- NHS discounts for staff
- Health and wellbeing information shared through our staff briefings and magazine
- Equality and Diversity Sub-Groups where staff can raise issues relating to equality at work
- Equality Champions who provide support to other staff members
- Occupational health and counselling provision, which includes a 24-hour counselling support line for staff and access to a wide range of advice about a range of issues including finance and debt, consumer rights, housing, welfare and family rights and domestic violence
- One of the UK’s best pension schemes which every new employee automatically becomes a member of assigned to an excellent package of pension benefits.
- Active members of a range of national bodies which support health and wellbeing of the workforce (Age UK, Disability Two ticks, Mindful Employer)
- An active Staff Side Body to represent staff issues and a range of recognised staff and professional unions.
- Successful achievement of the National IIP Health and Wellbeing Award
- Health and Wellbeing information provided to ALL new starters and follow up contact made three months after joining the trust to offer further support if needed.
- Regular health and wellbeing events for staff including football challenges, healthy baking competitions, pedometer challenges and New Year weight loss programmes
- Open staff forums for colleagues to raise concerns
- NHS Staff Family and Friends Test
- Principal Freedom to Speak Up Guardian elected by trust employees, and a network of local guardians supporting the Speak Up agenda
- ‘Listening to You’ hub where staff can provide feedback, share successes, praise colleagues and raise concerns, anonymously if necessary
- Excellent Training facilities and opportunities, working closely with a number of universities to support staffs professional development
- Feature in the top 100 employers index for HSJ
- Harmonised holiday entitlements of 27 days per year, plus eight general and public holidays, rising to 33 days after 10 years’ service