Working at Essex Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust
Essex Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust (EPUT) is located to the north east of London. We boast beautiful countryside and sea side locations, local villages as well as large towns providing convenient shopping and entertainment facilities. We have excellent transport links to national and international destinations with three major airports on our doorstep.
We provide community health, mental health and learning disability services for a population of approximately 2.5 million people throughout Bedfordshire, Luton , Suffolk and Essex.
Growing to one of the largest Foundation Trusts in the country we are proud to have kept our patients at the very heart of all that we do, delivering safe, high quality services within the NHS.
As well as having first class clinical services and locations, we also have in place dedicated Employee Experience and Workforce, Training and Development teams.
Our colleagues offer support/advice and signpost you to useful/beneficial services available internally and externally to support your professional development and wellbeing at work.
We believe that our staff deserve the very best – see some of our benefits below:
- Salary Sacrifice Schemes including Childcare Vouchers, lease cars and
cycle to work
- Harmonised holiday entitlements of 27 days per year plus eight general and public holidays, rising to 33 days after 10 years’ service
- Season Ticket Loans
- Specialist staff engagement events
- Pre-retirement courses
- £1000 training voucher for CPD for all new starters to the Trust working within hard to recruit areas to use in their first year of employment
- Excellent training facilities and opportunities, working closely with a number of universities to support professional development
- Annual Staff Survey
- Participation in the Working Longer Review
- Staff Recognition Scheme – where staff are nominated and receive recognition from Board of Directors for outstanding and/or long service
- Annual Staff Awards – recognising excellence and quality of staff and services
- Signed up to ‘Hello My Name Is’ initiative
- NHS discounts
- Weekly health & wellbeing articles in e-newsletters
- Equality and Diversity Groups where staff can raise issues relating to equality at work
- Equality Champions who are there for staff requiring support at work
- Occupational health and counselling services – 24 hour counselling support line for staff with access to support and advice about a range of issues including finance and debt, consumer rights, housing, welfare and family rights and domestic violence
- One of the UK’s best pension schemes where every new employee automatically becomes a member
- Active members of a range of national bodies which support health and wellbeing of the workforce (Age UK, Stonewall, Disability Two Ticks, Mindful Employer)
- An active staff side body to represent staff issues and a range of recognised staff/professional unions
- Continuous successful achievement of the National IIP Health and Wellbeing Award
- Health and wellbeing information provided to ALL new starters and follow up contact made three months after joining the Trust to offer further support if needed
- Fun events for staff to promote health and wellbeing – including football challenges, healthy baking competitions, pedometer challenges and new year weight loss programmes
- Open staff forums where staff can raise concerns/complain about issues or feedback through the staff Friends and Family Test
- The ‘I’m Worried About’ email where staff can anonymously raise concerns and receive a response directly from the Executive Directors
- An elected ‘Freedom To Speak Up’ Principal Guardian and Local Guardians to ensure safe services across the Trust
If EPUT sounds like a place you would like to work, give us a call:
Community and learning Disability Services – 01375 364513
Mental Health Services across South Essex – 01375 364513
Mental Health Services across North Essex – 01206 228631