The NHS is offering free COVID-19 booster jabs this autumn.
You can get a booster jab this autumn if you have had at least two doses of vaccine, and your last dose was at least three months (90 days) ago and:
- you are aged 50 or over
- you are aged 5 or over with a health condition that puts you at high risk of getting seriously ill from COVID-19
- you are a frontline health or social care worker
- you live or work in a care home
- you are aged 5 or over and live with someone who has a weakened immune system
- you are aged 16 or over an dare a main carer for someone at high risk from COVID-19
People in eligible groups are being invited to book their autumn booster vaccines, starting with those at highest risk of becoming seriously ill from COVID-19. People in other eligible groups will be invited to book their appointments over the coming weeks.
If you've received your invitation, don't delay. Please book your booster via the NHS website, or call 0344 2573 961.
Vaccination is our best form of defence against COVID-19. Booster vaccines help provide longer-lasting protection; they lower your chance of getting infected, and reduce your risk of becoming seriously ill.