The Oliver McGowan Training Programme on Learning Disability and Autism
Hello, thank you for visiting the Oliver McGowan Page. If you are interested in finding out more about the Oliver McGowan Programme and how you can help us, please look at the information below. We are happy to answer any questions that you might have. You can do this by completing the form at the bottom of the page.
The Oliver McGowan Mandatory Training has been created by Health Education England, NHS England, Skills for Care, people with a learning disability and autistic people.
Oliver McGowan was a young man with autism and a learning disability. Oliver sadly died because staff who cared for him did not have the skills and knowledge to look after him.
The government says The Oliver McGowan Mandatory Training is very good training.
We are looking for Experts with Lived Experience to work with our supportive trainers to deliver the Oliver McGowan Mandatory Training.
- Experts with Lived Experience means that you know about it from your own life.
- Deliver means to teach people something.
- Mandatory Training is training that staff have to attend for their jobs.
We will deliver this training in Mid and South Essex. You can be part of this in a place close to where you live.
- Mid and South Essex is a big area that includes Chelmsford, Basildon, Southend.
You will be a part of a supportive network, given full training and be paid for your time.
- A supportive network is a group of people who are there to help you.