SPLD Forensic Low Secure Inpatient Services
Wood Lea Clinic is a forensic low secure unit that provides a specialised service for adults who have a learning disability who have offended. All patients are detained under the Mental Health Act and require specialist assessment and treatment.
The multi-professional team at Wood Lea Clinic is made up of Nurses and specialist clinicians. They are supported by a Consultant Psychiatrist who acts as the Responsible Clinician.
Patients who are admitted to Wood lea Clinic are expected to fully participate in their comprehensive and detailed treatment program with a goal of planned rehabilitation and resettlement in to the community. Family and carer involvement is actively encouraged.
Treatments and therapies include:
- Support with the development of daily living skills
- Socialisation and rehabilitation into the community
- Access to the Medical team from time of admission.
- Access to Psychology from time of admission
- Access to Occupational Therapy from time of admission
Psychology treatments include
- Sexual Offenders Treatment Program which has been specifically adapted for people who have an intellectual disability (SOTSEC-ID).
- Offender Management Programs.
- Risk Management group
- Individual sessions which include CBT, DBT skills and narrative therapy
Occupational Therapy treatments include
Assessment and treatment in line with model of human occupation as described in the relevant royal college of Occupational Therapy practice guidelines which includes the provision of standardised assessments.
Access to the ASDAN programme which provides structured learning opportunities that focus on developing an individual’s educational, personal and social needs. Awards can be obtained through the completion of this program that can benefit career opportunities in the future.
Assessment and treatment of sensory integration presentations and where necessary, exploration of how this may contribute to the maintenance of offending behaviour.
Where service is based
Wood Lea Clinic
5 The Glade
Hours of operation
24 hours, 365 days
Therapies staff: Monday-Friday. 9-5
How to contact service
On call manager : 01234 310750
How to access the service
Please ask for a referral from one of the following:
- Community teams
- Magistrate and crown court referrals
- Occupational therapists
- Offender therapy leads
- Police (including custody sergeants)
- Private sector transfers
- Probation officer
- Psychiatric and learning disability nurse
- Responsible clinicians
- Social workers
Self-referrals to this service are not accepted