Food First Resources
The Food First Team has developed a wide range of evidence based resources to support individuals, care homes and healthcare professionals to manage malnutrition. Please explore the links below.
- 100 Calorie Boosters
- Cookery Class – Spice for Life
- Eat Well to Heal Well
- Finger Foods
- GULP Dehydration Risk Screening Tool
- Hydration Boosters
- Increasing Your Calorie Intake
- Healthy Balanced Diet
- Keeping Healthy on a High Calorie Diet
- Keeping Hydrated
- Keeping Hydrated – A Recipe for each day of the week
- Making Every Mouthful Count
- Making Mealtimes Manageable
- Nourishing Drinks
- Pureed Diet
- Soft Diet
- Super Shakes
- British Association for Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition. The cost of malnutrition in England and potential cost savings from nutritional interventions (full report). Southampton: BAPEN; 2015. Available from: http://www.bapen.org.uk/pdfs/economic-report-full.pdf
- The Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition Group of the British Dietetic Association. A Pocket Guide to Clinical Nutrition, 4th edition. PENG; 2011.
- National Institute for Health and Care Excellence. Nutrition support for adults: oral nutrition support, enteral tube feeding and parenteral nutrition (CG32). London: NICE; 2006. Available from: https://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/cg32
- Water UK. Wise up on water! Hydration and healthy ageing. London: Water UK; 2005.
- British Association for Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition. The ‘Malnutrition Universal Screening Tool’ (‘MUST’). BAPEN; 2003.’