Family Nurse Partnership
The Family Nurse Partnership is a programme for young parents having their first baby. The service is open to all young mothers aged 19 or under and starts in early pregnancy (by 28th week of pregnancy).
It provides intensive support for teenage parents having their first baby with families having weekly, fortnightly and monthly home visits by the same Family Nurse. Each visit includes structured conversations and activities to improve the confidence and parenting skills and help parents understand child development.
The Family Nurse Partnership has been shown to:
- Improve health and well-being in pregnancy and birth
- Improve child health and development
- Improve parenting skills
The Family Nurses provide the following support:
- Help and advice for first time young mothers in early pregnancy who are aged 19 years and under and before 28 weeks of pregnancy
- Deliver intensive home visits by the same family nurse throughout pregnancy and the first 2 years of the child’s life
- Develop a therapeutic relationship which builds on young parents’ strengths and aims to work in partnership with them to achieve their goals and aspirations for parenthood.
Where service is based
Flitwick Health Centre
Hours of operation
Monday to Friday 08.00 – 18.00
How to contact service
Telephone: 01525 631100
Team Email: sep-tr.FNPBedfordshire@nhs.net
How to access service
Please ask for a referral from one of the following:
Self Referrals to this service are accepted