Looked After Children
The Looked After Children (LAC) Service aims to ensure the health of looked after children by providing holistic health care from birth to 17 (inclusive) years of age.
Providing statutory health assessments, information and a link to health for looked after children and young people, parents, carers and other professionals working with LAC.
- To co-ordinate and monitor health assessment reviews for children placed in Bedfordshire by Central Bedfordshire and Bedford Borough Councils
- To arrange and co-ordinate health assessment reviews for co-shared care children placed out of Bedfordshire
- To ensure that looked after children have equality of access to health care
- To undertake assessments of non-school children in care homes, or those who have complex needs and or previous history within the service
Where Service is based
The LAC Nurse and Team Administrator/ Co-ordinator are based at:
Florence Ball House
Bedford Health Village
3 Kimbolton Road
Hours of Operation
Monday – Friday, 09.00 – 17.00
How to Contact Service
Tel: 01234 310117
How to access the service
Please ask for a referral from one of the following:
- Central Bedfordshire Council & Bedford Borough Council Social Worker
- Looked After Children Nurses for children placed in Bedfordshire by outside Local Authorities.