Dementia Intensive Support Service (DISS)
Mid Essex Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) is working with Essex County Council, voluntary groups, community providers and NHS partners on more integrated dementia care through the Dementia Intensive Support Service, or DISS.
This service is a one-stop mental and physical care for people across Braintree District, Chelmsford City and Maldon District who live with dementia offering both early intervention that can help people to stay in their own homes and crisis care if their condition deteriorates rapidly.
The DISS can support people who don’t have a dementia diagnosis – and while early signs of the condition can be mild, there are some you can watch out for if you’re concerned about a family member or friend.
Problems with memory
- finding it hard to recall words, dates, names or recent events
- finding it hard to follow a conversation
- difficulty in making decisions and forgetting time or what day of the week it is
- increased confusion, reduced concentration
- personality or behaviour changes
- loss of ability to do everyday tasks
How to Contact Service
Telephone; 01245 515 313