Employment Retention Service
If you are suffering from poor mental health and this is impacting on your current work / employment. We can provide job retention support to help resolve these problems. We can support you on issues relating to your job via telephone, face to face meetings, and even with your employer.
- help you choose whether to stay or leave your current employment
- help you decide how, when and if to disclose your mental ill health with your employer
- negotiating reasonable adjustments at work to support you with your mental health
- negotiate a phased return to work if you have been off sick due to your mental health
- guidance on occupational health reviews and reports
- non-complex grievances and disciplinary procedures*
- exit your job and refer you to our partners to help you find new employment
- provide support for you and your employer
*We cannot provide legal advice to you regarding any issues you have with your employer.
EPUT directly provide the service in north east and mid Essex. We work in partnership with the charity Employ-Ability who provide the service in west and south East , south Essex on our behalf.
Where service is based
Our team operates throughout Essex from community offices in the following areas;
- Clacton (satellite cover to Harwich)
- Colchester; Chelmsford (satellite cover to Maldon)
- Castle Point
How to refer to the service
A referral can be made in several ways
- secondary mental health services, care coordinator, psychiatrist, psychologist etc.
- GP or other primary health care professional, by completing and returning the referral form
- an employer can make a referral for an employee with their consent using the referral form
- you can self-refer by telephone or email
Hours of operation
The service is available Monday to Friday, 9:00 – 17:00
How to contact service
Telephone: 0300 7900 573