Family Group Conference
A mental health Family Group Conference (FGC) is about making ‘plans and decisions’ with the entire support network to support your recovery.
FGC is a process where you decide on the people you choose to invite, like your family, friends, neighbours and key professionals working with you. You choose the information that needs to be shared and the issues that need to be addressed to support your recovery. At the end you will meet with this network to discuss how they can support you in planning for your care and recovery.
- Enables a dialogue between your family and the professional system on the family’s terms
- Mobilises a network of (mutual) support, opportunity and/or protection
- Resolves some relationship issues that are getting in the way of forming an effective network of support, to enable working together and support wider social engagement
- Offers family support
- Establishes a true partnership between family, service user and professional system
- Brings together networks that have been fragmented/overstressed/or confused
- Enables recovery on your terms
- Decreases stress placed on your network and improve any fragmentation of the support system around you
- Increases understanding between the whole system of strengths and needs
- Creates a flexible and unique care plan for you and your family
- Carers needs and support to be identified and included in plans and decisions.
Where service is based
Mental Health FGC Service for Adults
Chelmsford and Essex Centre
New London Rd
Hours of operation
Mon – Fri 9.00-17.00
How to contact service
Telephone 01245 315233