Mother & Baby Unit
Having a baby can be a time of great joy but it is also a time of huge change for both body and mind. All parents experience these changes to their emotions which can affect their relationships and everyday living. This can also lead to increasing feelings of stress.
The Rainbow Mother and Baby Unit is a specialist 5 bedded unit. The unit provides mental health care and treatment for women during the late stages of pregnancy and up to one
year after the birth of their baby.
- The Rainbow Unit aims to:
- Deliver the highest quality of care to mothers and their babies in a safe, friendly and supportive environment.
- Maintain the safety of all mothers and their babies whilst treating the mother’s mental illness.
- Offer support to the families and carers involved in the mother’s and or baby’s care.
- Help sustain the developing relationship between mother, baby and other family members.
Where service is based
Rainbow Mother and Baby unit
The Linden Centre
Mon – Fri 16.00-20.00
Saturday, Sunday and Public Holidays 10.00 – 20.00
How to contact service
01245 315629 or 01245 315630