Together with baby
Together with Baby is a service designed to help parents understand better their baby’s emotional responses and communications as well as strengthen the relationship. Many parents find they have not bonded with their baby in the way they hoped or difficult feelings regarding the experience of parenting have arisen which may feel confusing and uncomfortable. . The service offers a safe non-judgemental space to help parents understand further the difficulties they are encountering.
Where Service is based
Together with Baby,
Parent Infant Mental Health Service,
St Peters Hospital,
Hours of Operation
Monday to Friday 09:00 to 17:00
How to Contact Service
Tel: 01621 866900
How to refer into the service & Who can refer
Parents can phone us directly for more information or speak to their GP, Health Visitor or Midwife who can refer.
- Parent is concerned that they are not bonding with their baby
- Parent is concerned they do not have a positive relationship with their baby
- Parent is concerned regarding negative thoughts and feelings about the relationship
- Parent has encountered a traumatic experience that is impacting on the developing relationship with their baby.
- Parents are facing additional difficulties such as physical or emotional ill health that may be having a negative impact on their experience of becoming a parent.
Additional Information to support referral criteria
When making a referral it would be helpful to know what other services are already involved
Exclusions from Service
- The parent and infant does not live within Essex
- The referral is not for the primary carer
- The infant is over 24 months of age
- The infant is not in contact with the parent
- The parent is not available to attend the assessment and interventions appointments
- The relationship with the infant is not under stress
What Response Times to expect
The referral will be processed and referrer informed of receipt of referral within 5 working days.
EPUT Management responsible for service
Team Leader, Dr Ellen Auty
Clinical Service Manager, Dr Ellen Auty
Director, Dr Greg Wood