We provide intermediate care in the community for patients in the Billericay, Basildon and Brentwood area, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. We have 22 beds to provide short-term specialist care for people who have been discharged from an acute hospital but need extra support, care and rehabilitation before going home or to the place where they normally live.
Mountnessing Court is located in Billericay and is close to the main train and bus stations with parking available close to the unit.
The intermediate care unit has accommodation on the ground floor with a generous garden space. We have single rooms throughout and comply with single sex accommodation guidance. As well as a number of sitting rooms, all patients have easy access to toilets, bathrooms and showers.
Our team includes a wide range of staff who may be working with you. These include staff who will carry out assessments and regular reviews.
- occupational therapists
They do this with the support of social workers, pharmacists and support workers to ensure you are cared for and when the time comes, safe to be discharged from the unit to your home or preferred place.
The intermediate care at Mountnessing Court aims to:
- prevent you having an unnecessary and avoidable hospital admission related to an event that has affected your physical health;
- help you recover faster and achieve your full potential following illness or injury;
- facilitate safe and timely discharge from hospital when you have a rehabilitation need and/or potential to improve your physical functioning;
- maximise independent living and avoid long term care;
- build confidence;
- help in achieving everyday tasks such as dressing, walking and cooking;
- help in use of equipment such as walking frames;
- provide support and advice;
- arrange an onward referral to other services if required.
Staff at the unit will help you with exercises to improve mobility, self-care and muscle strength. We will help you regain your independence so that you can return to live at home or in your care home. You will be fully involved in the planning of your goals and personal exercise programme.
You will be cared for in the unit for up to six weeks. After discharge, if you still need rehabilitation, you will be referred to the Intensive Rehabilitation service (IRS) in the community for further support.
Where service is based
240 Mountnessing Road
Telephone 01277 634711
Fax 01277 634684
Visiting outside these ours will be at the discretion of the nurse in charge,