Apply for an advertised AHP role. If successful, complete the number of hours required to regain registration in as a Band 4 returnee. Once HCPC registration is confirmed, return to the original pay grade advertised.
Are you ready to return to your AHP career?
- Have you previously been registered with the Health and Care Professionals Council (HCPC)?
- Have you been out of practice for more than two years?
- Are you looking for an opportunity to update your skills and knowledge and return to the register?
- Are you unsure what to do next?
Our team are ready to help and advise you anyone who is thinking about returning to practice. We have a number of AHP roles in dfferent locations across Essex.
We can help with:
- Mentorship & support through regular supervision and yearly appraisal;
- Professional training;
- Further career development opportunities;
- Flexible working.
HCPC skill update requirements
To become HCPC registered, you will be required to complete a minimum number of hours to update your clinical skills and knowledge.
Please note, if you have any fitness/condition to practice issues cited against you by the HCPC you would not be eligible to return to practice.
Time out of practice /
Minimum time required to update skills & knowledge
*at least 50% of the hours need to be in practice
Up to 2 years
No requirement needed
2 to 5 years
30 days (210 hours)
Over 5 years
60 days (420 hours)
As part of the return to practice support you may be able to claim up to £800 from Health Education England (£500 for the clinical experience and £300 towards courses and other learning opportunities)
How to apply
- Contact the AHP Team directly to ask about our positions, email@example.com
- Register your interest by completing and emailing the EPUT AHP 'Return To Practice' Expression of Interest form to the team. You will be invited for an informal discussion.
- You can choose one of our return to practice routes:
“The day I wore my Qualified Physiotherapist uniform after 10 years of career break, was the proudest moment in my career. I feel fortunate to have an encouraging and supportive team at EPUT. Positive and flexible work environment helps me to maintain my work life balance. I really enjoy being back at work and doing what I love.”
Expression of interest
To register your interest in returning to practice please complete the EPUT AHP 'Return To Practice' Expression of Interest form and return to firstname.lastname@example.org