Poplar Adolescent Unit
Poplar Adolescent Unit is an inpatient service providing specialist mental health services and a safe place of treatment for young people aged 13-18. This Poplar webpages have been co-created with young people on the ward.
- 14 bedrooms with en-suite showers and toilets
- A bathroom (if you prefer to have a bath!)
- A main lounge area with a TV, DVD player and gaming console
- A smaller lounge area with a TV, books and board games
- A communal dining room, with small kitchen area for the young people to use
- Main kitchen – supervised by staff
- A Sensory room called ‘The Snug’ with sensory equipment such as lighting and bubble tube
- A relaxation room called ‘The chill out room’ – a cosy low light room with beanbags
- Visiting room
- Therapy and Meeting rooms
- Staff Offices
- Outside garden with sport area and vegetable garden
Sensory room, 'The Snug'
We would like to hear about your experience on the ward. We use iWantGreatCare, a health reviews website, to collect feedback on what patients think, monitor it and action where possible.
Go online to www.iwantgreatcare.org/trusts/essex-partnership-university-trust or, if you'd prefer, ask the ward staff for a paper form to complete. It is very important that we hear from you about what has happened during your time with us as this will help us to improve things for other young people in similar circumstances, thank you.