Resources available for you to use on the ward
Please speak to Nursing Staff as some items may be restricted.
- Relaxation: chill out room with music, beanbags, weighted blanket.
- Keeping your fingers busy: tangle teasers, stress-balls, playdough, sand animals
- Staying in the moment: oils, MP3 players with mindfulness / relaxation exercises, handouts from groups with ideas.
- Distraction: DVD films library in the nursing office, books, puzzles, board games, arts, and crafts.
- Problem solving / solution focussed: handouts from Emotions Group, whiteboard in bedrooms.
- Social support: one to one with a member of staff, mobile phone to phone a relative or friend.
- Exercise: yoga mats, weights, stepper, hoops, exercise balls.
- Spiritual / religious resources: Bible, Quran, Multi-faith room.
- Outdoors: Gardening, sensory garden, going for a minibus trip.